Diverse Beliefs | Bellarmine College Preparatory Skip to main content


More About Bellarmine...

Admissions Process

Academic Achievements


Calendar of Events

Employment Opportunities





Dads of

Diverse Beliefs


Bellarmine was founded as a Catholic, Jesuit school, and we stand proudly in that tradition and heritage.  While approximately 75% of our students are Catholic, the remaining 25% come from other faith traditions.  The Jesuits' emphasis on a faith that does justice and the pursuit of truth resonates with students from all backgrounds.  

All students complete six semesters of Religious Studies during their time at Bellarmine.  These courses include Hebrew Scriptures; Christian Scriptures; Creed, Community and Call; Christian Ethics; Social Justice; and a semester of elective offerings.  Available electives include Confirmation, Marriage and Family, Prayer and Meditation, and World Religions, just to name a few.  All-school Masses take place roughly three times a semester, depending upon the school year.  Additionally, we gather together prior to Thanksgiving in a multi-faith prayer service, where students from the Jewish, Christian, Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, and other faiths pray with us in their tradition.  

As part of their Religious Studies curriculum, students have the opportunity to participate each semester in Reconciliation services, where they can talk with one of the Jesuits who live and work on campus.  Students also prize the opportunities they have to take part in Bellarmine's retreat program, which includes overnight retreats for all freshmen and sophomores, and an optional multi-day Kairos retreat for juniors and seniors.  All of these retreat opportunities provide chances for students to engage in reflection and prayer, and consider the role that faith plays in their lives.