We want applying to Bellarmine to be as easy and stress-free as possible, so we've partnered with Ravenna Solutions.
Creating a Ravenna account at www. ravenna-hub.com is your first step in the application process and will allow you to sign up for a Shadow Day and apply.
From September 8th through December 11th, 2020, 11:59p.m., you'll use Ravenna to complete and/or submit the various components of our application. Ravenna will walk you through each of the steps, but we've included an overview of what they are below:”
- Complete the application form
- Submit two essays
- Sign up for the HSPT exam
- Submit a parent/guardian statement
- Print and submit an Academic Records Request Form to your school office.
- Request two Academic Recommendations (i.e., provide each recommender's email address in the Delegate Form)
- Request one Non-Academic Recommendation (optional) (i.e., provide the recommender's email address in the Delegate Form)
- Upload a copy of the student's baptismal certificate (if Catholic)
- Pay the application fee
If you experience any technical difficulties along the way, contact Ravenna at email@example.com.
Taking the HSPT
The HSPT, created by Scholastic Testing Service (STS), is a comprehensive placement test for eighth graders which high schools, including Bellarmine, use to assist with their ninth grade admission process.
Students can take the HSPT entrance exam at Bellarmine or at any of the other San Jose diocesan high schools. Applicants may also take the test in a diocese other than San Jose, e.g., Oakland or San Francisco. If you would like to take the exam at Bellarmine, you will find the registration form within the online application when it is live in the fall. The exam may only be taken once and you must register in advance.
Dates: January 9th & January 23rd from 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Transfer Application Process
Thank you for your interest in Bellarmine!
Transfer Inquiries for Fall 2021
The application process for high school transfers consists of six major components:
- The online application
- Applicant's statements and essay
- Principal Recommendation / Request for Transcript and Standardized Test Scores
- Teacher Recommendations
- Non-Academic Recommendation
- Applicant interview (The admissions staff will reach out to applicants for an interview if necessary. Please note that not all applicants are interviewed during the process.)
- Transfer applicants do not take an entrance exam.
- Catholic applicants must submit a copy of their Baptismal Certificate. A Baptismal Certificate is not required for non-Catholics, although a certificate appropriate to one's religion is welcomed. You will scan and upload the certificate in your Ravenna application.
- Interviews for selected candidates will take place in the spring of 2020. The Director of Admissions will contact you to schedule the date. If you live outside of the Bay Area, we can arrange for a telephone interview so there is no need to make a trip to San Jose.
- Families of potential transfer students are welcome to apply for tuition assistance; however, given the continued challenging economic times and the unprecedented need of our currently enrolled students, our ability to offer assistance will be very limited.
More information is included on our Applying for Tuition Assistance webpage.
Bellarmine uses Ravenna Solutions for our admissions process. Applications for the 2021-2022 school year will open March 17, 2021. Just click on the APPLY button in the right-hand column of this page.
Transfer application deadline is April 16, 2021
Within a week of the deadline, you should see a check mark indicating that all required forms have been received. If a document is missing from your file, you will be notified via email and given time to submit the missing paperwork. Due to the large volume of mail we receive, we are unable to check on the receipt of any individual document or whether a specific letter has arrived in our office. If any paperwork from your school is received past the deadline, you will not be penalized.