We want applying to Bellarmine to be as easy and stress-free as possible, so we've partnered with Ravenna Solutions.
We'll be ready to start the admissions process for the Class of 2024 in September 2019. Once we've launched, you'll start the application process by signing up for a free Ravenna account.
From approximately mid-September through mid-December, when applications are due, you'll use Ravenna to complete and/or submit the various components of our application. Ravenna will walk you through each of the steps, but we've included an overview of what they are below:
- Complete the application form
- Submit two essays
- Sign up for the HSPT exam
- Submit a parent/guardian statement
- Print and submit an Academic Records Request Form to your school office.
- Request two Academic Recommendations (i.e., provide each recommender's email address in the Delegate Form)
- Request one Non-Academic Recommendation (optional) (i.e., provide the recommender's email address in the Delegate Form)
- Upload a copy of the student's baptismal certificate (if Catholic)
- Pay the application fee
If you experience any technical difficulties along the way, contact Ravenna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to check back here in September for the Ravenna url and our admissions calendar.
Taking the HSPT
The HSPT, created by Scholastic Testing Service (STS), is a comprehensive placement test for eighth graders which high schools, including Bellarmine, use to assist with their ninth grade admission process.
Students can take the HSPT entrance exam at Bellarmine or at any of the other San Jose diocesan high schools. Applicants may also take the test in a diocese other than San Jose, e.g., Oakland or San Francisco. If you would like to take the exam at Bellarmine, you will find the registration form within the online application when it is live in the fall. The exam may only be taken once and you must register in advance.