Bellarmine's Department of Fitness and Health is designed to help students become aware of living a healthy lifestyle. The program provides each student an opportunity to participate in a wide range of activities and to learn necessary skills, strategies, and other information important to lifetime wellness.
All students must complete two semesters of departmental coursework for graduation:
- Mandatory: 1 semester Health Class (to be taken sophomore year)
- Second semester can be completed with one of the following:
- 1 Elective F&H course
- Athletic Waiver: Complete 3 years of sports. If the athletic waiver is not completed by the start of senior year, students must be enrolled in an F&H elective class during senior year.
This Fitness and Health requirement may be taken prior to senior year. It may be fulfilled by fully participating in three years of Bellarmine interscholastic (i.e., non-club) sports by the completion of the junior year and submission of an Athletic Waiver.
- 1 Semester Sophomore year (Health)
- 1 Semester Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year (one semester-long Fitness & Health elective) OR Athletic waiver
* Not all Fitness and Health course offerings fulfill this requirement, therefore it is important to review the comments included with the description of each elective to determine its applicability. This one semester-long elective may be waived by fully participating in three years of Bellarmine interscholastic (i.e. non-club) sports by the completion of the junior year.