Mixers (i.e., think dancing + socialization, dates optional), date dances, and junior prom/senior ball are tradition at Bellarmine, and are held at various times throughout the school year. Our Junior Prom and Senior Ball are held in the spring, with faculty serving as wait staff for students and their guests. It's an unexpected reversal of relationship that everyone looks forward to!
Date: December 3, 2022
Manner of Dress
- Students are expected to be clean and neat in their personal appearance, observing standards of modesty, moderation, and good taste. Any interpretation and judgment in these matters lies with school personnel supervising the dance.
- Any boy who attends a dance at any high school in the Diocese of San Jose must wear clothes that meet the following guidelines: Boys will wear shirts with sleeves. Pants and shorts must be secured around the waist. Shoes must be worn at all times. Hats are not permitted.
Any girl who attends a dance at any high school in the Diocese of San Jose must wear clothes that meet the following guidelines: Overly tight pants or spandex pants or shorts (i.e., bike shorts) may not be worn as outer garments. Shorts, skirts and dresses may be no shorter than mid-thigh. Slits on dresses or skirts that end above mid-thigh are not permitted. The following styles of blouses, dresses and tops are not permitted: strapless, tube tops, halter tops, off-the-shoulder, showing a bare back or midriff, low-cut. Shoes must be worn at all times. Hats are not permitted.
- In addition to the diocesan-wide policies given above, the following regulations are also in effect at Bellarmine:
- Homemade clothing is not permitted. Students in violation will not be allowed into the dance.
- The following imprints are not allowed: advertising of alcoholic beverages, tobacco or other controlled substances; sexist or suggestive lettering or pictures; Satanic lettering or pictures; violent expressions or images.
- Torn or ragged shirts may not be worn.
- Glow sticks are not permitted.
Parking and Transportation Guidelines
- Students who drive to dances/events must park on campus.
- Students receiving rides either to or from dances must use EITHER the Emory Street Drop-Off Area entering from Stockton Street only OR the Liccardo Lot off of Hedding Street. For a detailed map, please see the Drop-off and Pick-up PDF on the right.
- Parking is not permitted in the neighborhood. All those who violate this city ordinance will be ticketed and can be towed.
- Mixers are open to girls from local high schools; however, boy's attendance is restricted to Bellarmine students.
- Tickets will be sold online only.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Tickets are non-transferable.