|The following guidelines apply to all Bellarmine dances. Purchasing a ticket implies your understanding and agreement to abide by these regulations.|
Dance, Mixer & Event Regulations
- Bellarmine student dances, mixers and ASB events are open to girls from all local high schools. Attendance for boys is limited to Bellarmine students however.
- All students in attendance must provide a student ID to enter the event.
- In the event of any violation of the regulations listed below, or any other behavior deemed inappropriate, the dean of the guest’s school will be notified of the incident.
- Large jackets, purses, and backpacks may be inspected by school personnel before admittance to the dance. Students bring valuables at their own risk. Bellarmine is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Students will be expected to be in compliance with the standards of dress stated below for the duration of the dance.
All dance styles must comply with standards of Christian morality, standards that include modesty and safety. School personnel will be the final judge of the appropriateness of dance style and will confront any student whose behavior or dancing is deemed inappropriate. This includes the following stipulations: no body parts other than the student’s feet may be on the floor, students must be in an upright position at all times (no bending over). Additionally, a student’s legs cannot wrap around a dance partner nor may he or she pick up another student. When hands are places on another student’s body, they should be in appropriate places such as the waist or shoulders. ANY dancing or movement that implies ANY sexual activity OR motion is not permitted. Students should dance facing each, not back to front.
- The use of tobacco, alcohol, or any other illegal drug is not permitted.
- We may phone the parents of any student violating any of these rules and violators may be asked to leave the dance. Students who are in violation of school policies will also be subject to school disciplinary procedures up to and including dismissal.
Manner of Dress
- Students are expected to be clean and neat in their personal appearance, observing standards of modesty, moderation, and good taste. Any interpretation and judgment in these matters lies with school personnel supervising the dance.
- Any boy who attends a dance at any high school in the Diocese of San Jose must wear clothes that meet the following guidelines: Boys will wear shirts with sleeves. Pants and shorts must be secured around the waist. Shoes must be worn at all times. Hats are not permitted.
Any girl who attends a dance at any high school in the Diocese of San Jose must wear clothes that meet the following guidelines: Overly tight pants or spandex pants or shorts (i.e., bike shorts) may not be worn as outer garments. Shorts, skirts and dresses may be no shorter than mid-thigh. Slits on dresses or skirts that end above mid-thigh are not permitted. The following styles of blouses, dresses and tops are not permitted: strapless, tube tops, halter tops, off-the-shoulder, showing a bare back or midriff, low-cut. Shoes must be worn at all times. Hats are not permitted.
- In addition to the diocesan-wide policies given above, the following regulations are also in effect at Bellarmine:
- Homemade clothing is not permitted. Students in violation will not be allowed into the dance.
- The following imprints are not allowed: advertising of alcoholic beverages, tobacco or other controlled substances; sexist or suggestive lettering or pictures; Satanic lettering or pictures; violent expressions or images.
- Torn or ragged shirts may not be worn.
- Glow sticks are not permitted.
Parking and Transportation Guidelines
- Students who drive to dances/events must park on campus.
- Students receiving rides either to or from dances must use EITHER the Emory Street Drop-Off Area entering from Stockton Street only OR the Liccardo Lot off of Hedding Street. For a detailed map, please see the Drop-off and Pick-up PDF on the right.
- Parking is not permitted in the neighborhood. All those who violate this city ordinance will be ticketed and can be towed.
- Mixers are open to girls from local high schools; however, boy's attendance is restricted to Bellarmine students.
- Tickets will be sold online only.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Tickets are non-transferable.